According to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, personal data includes biographical and identification data of citizens, personal characteristics, information about family and financial status, health status etc.
Personal data is any information with the help of which a person can be directly or indirectly recognized (identified). For example:
- full name;
- personal identification number;
- biometric data;
- marital status;
- online identifier (social media username, IP-address);
- CCTV camera footage allowing identification of an individual;
- other identifying features.
Examples of a special category (“sensitive”) personal data are:
- biometric data of citizens,
- medical records of patients,
- bank details.
The processing and transmission of such information requires additional security controls.
Examples of non-personal data:
- registration number of the organization;
- identification number of a legal entity;
- organization's email address;
- the name of the city without specific reference to the address and name of a person;
- the name of a person without simultaneous links to the surname and patronymic name, and if the combination is common, then without additional identifying features.